+ Reply To This
Results 1 to 2 of 2
04-10-2017, 12:12 PM #1
Earn 100K Hilton Honors Points with Surpass Card
Hilton & Amex are getting into the 100,000 welcome offer game to compete with the Marriott & Chase.
From now through May 31, 2016, American Express is offering 100,000 Hilton Honors Points when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months after opening a new Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card.
Here are all the details for this card:
- Limited Time Bonus Offer: Earn 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months. Offer ends 5/31/17
- The annual fee for the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card is $75. Each Additional Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card is $0.
- Earn a free weekend night on your anniversary date of Card approval. Some hotels may have mandatory services and resort charges.
- Earn 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Earn 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- Spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year.
My opinion is that Hilton Honors points are worth about $0.005 per point - making the bonus offer worth approx. $500. But you can accelerate points pretty quickly with this card. And these are only my estimations.
So you may want to check the terms and conditions, etc., and do your own research before pulling the trigger on this one.
Also, Amex is pretty stingy about giving out bonus offers, if you've had this card before.
04-12-2017, 09:13 AM #2
I'm passing on this.
I used to use Hilton a lot more. Since 2013 they've devalued points. Take a look for yourself. To stay at a 3-star hotel takes 70,000 points per night. And that is before any of the resort fees etc.